Friday, October 13, 2006

IDENTITY?


Who am I? At first glance the question seems a little shallow, most of us have asked this question at one point or another but do we ever actually come to a conclusion? There are many things that I thought I was, but in actuality these were things that I did / had accomplished, things that happened, or the walk of life I was in, but they were not the essence, the core, of who I was/am.
The other morning as I was driving back to Greensboro I felt as though I didn’t know who I was or where I belonged. Some friends I just don’t relate to anymore. My views have changed on life. I like to have fun! But not by the world’s standards, crude jokes and idle talk just takes the joy out of fellowship. I realized yet another thing that I had wrongly identified myself with.
If I was to make a resume of who I was to the world I would be…A teacher, an interpreter, a dancer, a missionary in the hood, a Mathis, a dog lover, a college graduate and the list goes on… None of these things are bad in and of themselves at all but when one falls or is taken away are you at lost as to who you are? Am I at lost to who I am?
I am God’s child, I am created in him image. He spoke creation into existence yet He fashioned me out of man, and man out of dust. I am here to bring glory to God, to lift up His name. In this He has given me gifts to function in, He has given me friends, family, a world to dance my life in. Yet when all of the external things fall am I still who God has fashioned me to be? Yes, though at times I lose sight of this, of my true Identity. Today He has lifted my face and showed me once again that I am loved that I am His. This world is not all fair and games. I morn for what has been lost. Yet rejoice that I have not been lost. That I am still a daughter of the King.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home