Wednesday, October 10, 2007

So Young


Tonight my heart is heavy. My heart has longed to grieve and yet I my tears have had no where to fall. How do you understand the loss of an 8 year old? What do you say to her grandmother and her cousins as they sit in a small crowded living room with plastic smiles on their faces yet their eyes are brimming with tears?

This past Sunday a family here in Glenwood loss their young cousin and Granddaughter to cancer. Somehow I held on and believed that she would recover. As I sat in the Grandmother’s home yesterday holding young lay-lay’s picture in my hand, my heart broke and my thoughts were urgent… how not a minute is to be spared in teaching the youth of Glenwood about the TRUTH in Jesus Christ. How we never know which day will be our last.

So I will go upstairs in a few hours and lay out clothes to wear to the funeral tomorrow. I’m not sure how tomorrow will go. I pray that God will use me, even in my brokenness, to comfort others. Oh how the death of a child is so very hard to understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home