Monday, December 04, 2006

Change


I moved out of my home of 3 years on Saturday. Though I am still in Glenwood, living with the Benbows in their basement apartment with Dayna, I having a hard time adjusting. I miss my large window and being able to see everyone as they pass by. I miss seeing the school bus come by and waving at our kids here in the hood. I miss kids stopping and just sitting around the house. I miss the spaciousness. I miss my roommate and having our dance floor (our kitchen)! I love my new roommate, but change is hard for me, and so I came to my new home today and am at loss as what to do as how to transition during this time.

Yet one thing never changes!!! And that is my Savior, my Jesus, my Lord. And I am forever thankful for this. He stays the same no matter what my circumstances are in this world right now. He got my attention today. I have not been fully relying on Him this past month and have leaned on my own wisdom and understanding. I choose today to surrender to His will. To His timing and to His love and plans for my life. I do not know how long I will be here in Greensboro. I am on a waiting list to go to a ministry for 6-9 months. I want to be open to the lessons that God has to teach me during this time....patience, humbleness, love, total reliance on Him.

Is it wrong to miss what I have been blessed with? No, I do not believe so. My 3 years on Union st. were hand crated by God. Yet, I do not want to live in the memories and miss the challenges and the blessings that He has laid before me here today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home